Need Help with Visualization

Hey,
I have 2.5 million nodes which have 2.3 million parent-child relationships. So I need to display all these nodes and relationships as a tree. I have tried using Python Neo4j-Graphxr and when I run the below cypher query I get about 10,000 relationships.

MATCH p=()-[r:CHILD_OF]->() RETURN p limit 10000

Now I have to display it as a tree structure. But in GraphXR I get this cluster below. How do I find the parent that is the root of all these nodes to modify this as a rooted tree structure?

Thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

Hi @Guru_Prakash, thanks for asking! We can select the root nodes to perform a tree layout using our latest extension of GraphXR called Grove - a low-code BI authoring and publishing tool that runs in the browser with GraphXR. We’d be happy to walk through how you can select the root nodes based on the directionality of the relationship over a brief call. Schedule here :point_right: Learning Grove

In this specific case, there appears to be very centric nodes. If you want to perform a simple tree layout on these centric nodes, you can use a graph algorithm on GraphXR to calculate the degree, then select those nodes to perform a tree layout view. See below :point_down:

Go to the Algorithm panel on the left side, select the Centrality tab, to click Degree.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 6.49.07 PM.png

Go to the Table tab, Click Enhanced Table near the bottom to sort the nodes by the highest degree. Select those nodes and Mark Selected in Graph

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 6.50.52 PM.png

Then go to Layout on the left-side, select Geometric , then Trees near the bottom to arrange the tree from the selected (most central) nodes.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 6.52.34 PM.png

Happy to support you! Don’t hesitate to follow up with us for clarification.

Best,
Alex

1 Like